On Friday 16 November our students graduated from the BOptom at a ceremony held at the Auckland Town Hall. Special mention must be made of the following awards:
- Anna Pritchard Prize for Optical Dispensing, for excellence in optical dispensing, to Anil Manju
- NZCO Prize for Project Presentation: First place to Marna Claasen, Lauren Curd and Alice Jackson, supervised by Grant Watters and Jennifer Craig (topic: ‘Castor oil: A novel topical blepharitis treatment’)
- NZCO Prize for Project Presentation: Second place to Melody Ong, supervised by Misha Vorobyev (topic: ‘The relationship between colour and mood through the use of scaling techniques’)
- Raymond Harry Hawkins Prize in Undergraduate Optometry Research for the research project report, awarded to Alice Jackson
- Excellence in Clinical Optometry Prize donated by Chee Loh to Alice Jackson
- The Dean’s Medal to Nick Lee
Congratulations to all our graduating students; we wish you well for the future and hope that you will maintain association with each other and with the school.